This is an opportunity to share and discuss projects that are being implemented across the state to advance the state-of-the-art in online learning. These are projects that seek to push the boundaries of current technology and practice in order to disrupt existing models and positively impact the constraints of the “iron triangle” of quality, cost, and access for students. Examples of potential innovative and experimental project categories include:
- Adaptive Learning
- Microcredentials / Digital Badges
- Next generation ePortfolios
- Predictive analytics and dashboards
- MOOCs for credit
- eText and digital materials strategies
- Competency-Based Learning
- Immersive Video Environments
- Creative use of open source materials
- Learning analytics
- Content repositories for sharing digital resources
- 8:30AM – 9:00AM – Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00AM – 9:10AM – Welcome Address
- 9:00AM – 10:00AM – Keynote Address
- 10:10 AM – 11:00 AM – Concurrent Session 1
- 11:10 AM – Noon – Concurrent Session 2
- Noon – 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:10PM – 2:00 PM – Concurrent Session 3
- 2:10 PM – 3:00 PM – Concurrent Session 4
- 3:10 PM – 4:00 PM – Closing Session: FL Online Leadership Panel
Click to view last year’s 2019 Florida Online Innovation Summit agenda.
We encourage your attendance to both the Innovation Summit and TOPkit Workshop.
- Registration Opening is now open!
- Registration Deadline: February 21, 2020
- Early Bird Registration Cutoff: January 24, 2020
State University System of Florida & Florida College System
- Complete Florida has generously offered to subsidize the Florida Online Innovation Summit for all State University System of Florida & Florida College System participants
- Now Both the TOPkit Workshop and Florida Online Innovation Summit are free
Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida & Other Institutions
- Florida Online Innovation Summit Early Bird Pricing until 1/24/2020 – $175 at checkout
- After 1/24/2020: Florida Online Innovation Summit Only – $200 at checkout
- TOPkit Workshop Only – $175 at checkout
- Both TOPkit Workshop and Florida Innovation Summit (separate registration processes) – $375 at checkout
Important Location Information
The Florida Online Innovation Summit will be held at the University of Central Florida. Please find important location and parking details below.
Fairwinds Alumni Center 12676 Gemini Blvd. N. Orlando, FL 32816-0130 View Map
Parking for the Florida Online Innovation Summit will be available in Parking Garage H. Upon exiting Garage H, walk across the wooden walkway towards the Fairwinds Alumni Center.
Stay Connected – Sign Up for Updates & Announcements
Sign up to receive important updates and announcement for upcoming Florida Online Innovation Summits. Subscribe Now!
Summit Planning Committee
Wendy Howard (UCF), Beth Nettles (UCF), Anita Gabbard (UCF), Linda Futch (UCF), Patsy Moskal (UCF), Nicole Stahl (UCF)
Don’t Forget About Our 2020 TOPkit Workshop
This two-day workshop follows the Innovation Summit on March 4-5, 2020. While it is free and designed for higher education professionals in the State University System and State College System responsible for building or revising a professional development program for future online instructors, we welcome colleagues to join us for a modest registration fee. You may learn more about the TOPkit workshop at: https://topkit.org/workshop/