The Florida Online Innovation Summit Returns to UCF Campus!
We look forward to being in person again for the 2024 Summit!
The Florida Online Innovation Summit is an opportunity to share and discuss projects that are being implemented across the state to advance the state-of-the-art in online learning. These are projects that seek to push the boundaries of current technology and practice in order to disrupt existing models and positively impact the constraints of the “iron triangle” of quality, cost, and access for students. Examples of potential innovative and experimental project categories include:
Tuesday, March 26, 2024
- 8:30am – 9:00am EDT ~ Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00am – 9:10am EDT ~ Welcome Address
- 9:10am – 10:00am EDT ~ Keynote Address
- 10:10am – 11:00am EDT ~ Concurrent Session 1
- 11:10am – 12:00pm EDT ~ Concurrent Session 2
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm EDT ~ Catered Lunch
- 1:10pm – 2:00pm EDT ~ Concurrent Session 3
- 2:10pm – 3:00pm EDT ~ Concurrent Session 4
- 3:10pm – 3:20pm EDT ~ Closing Remarks
- 3:20pm – 4:30pm EDT ~ Sparks of Innovation: Digital Posters & Networking Event
The extended agenda will be posted as soon as it’s available.
Call for Proposals
The application window is now open! Visit the Call for Proposals guidelines for more information.
- Registration Opens: Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 7, 2024
- Early Bird Registration Cutoff: Friday, February 2, 2024
- Early bird pricing until February 2, 2024 – $175 at checkout
- General registration price after February 2, 2024 – $200 at checkout
- The Innovation Summit is open ONLY to Faculty, Staff, and/or Administrators.
- The Innovation Summit and TOPkit Workshop have separate registration processes.
- Once you have registered, you will receive future email communications about the event.
Important Location Information
The Florida Online Innovation Summit is returning to face-to-face this year and will be held at the University of Central Florida. Please find important location and parking details below.
Parking for the Innovation Summit will be available in Parking Garage H. Attendees will be emailed a parking permit to place in their car, and parking will be on level 1 of Garage H. Upon exiting Garage H, walk across the bridge towards the Fairwinds Alumni Center.
Photo Albums & Previous Agendas
Summit Planning Committee (UCF)
Wendy Howard, Beth Nettles, Anita Gabbard, Nicole Stahl, Samantha Richardson, Tina Calandrino, Rocco Fazzalari, and Charlene Hu.
Questions, Concerns, or Special Requests? Please feel free to reach out to the Pegasus Innovation Lab at: iLab@ucf.edu
The Innovation Summit and the TOPkit Workshop occur in sequential weeks so participants can benefit from attending both events. The Teaching Online Preparation Toolkit (TOPkit) is a comprehensive resource for those who are responsible for faculty development, including those who develop relationships with faculty to ensure quality online or hybrid courses. Although TOPkit is Florida funded, it has an international reach. The site is organized by a three-step process for planning, developing, and evaluating your program, along with supporting resources. We invite you to explore TOPkit resources and participate in upcoming events.
Stay Connected – Sign Up for Updates & Announcements
Sign up to receive important updates and announcements for upcoming Florida Online Innovation Summits.