We look forward to the 2021 Summit! We want to thank the participants and presenters of the 2020 event.
The Florida Online Innovation Summit is an opportunity to share and discuss projects that are being implemented across the state to advance the state-of-the-art in online learning. These are projects that seek to push the boundaries of current technology and practice in order to disrupt existing models and positively impact the constraints of the “iron triangle” of quality, cost, and access for students. Examples of potential innovative and experimental project categories include:
- Adaptive Learning
- Microcredentials / Digital Badges
- Next generation ePortfolios
- Predictive analytics and dashboards
- MOOCs for credit
- eText and digital materials strategies
- Competency-Based Learning
- Immersive Video Environments
- Creative use of open source materials
- Learning analytics
- Content repositories for sharing digital resources
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm EDT ~ Opening Session Keynote Address
- 2:10pm – 3:00pm EDT ~ Concurrent Session 1
- 3:00pm – 3:10pm EDT ~ Optional Guided Yoga Break
- 3:10pm – 4:00pm EDT ~ Concurrent Session 2
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm EDT ~ Networking Event
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
- 9:00am – 9:10am EDT ~ Introduction
- 9:10am – 10:00am EDT ~ Concurrent Session 3
- 10:10am – 11:00am EDT ~ Concurrent Session 4
- 11:10am – 12:30pm EDT ~ Closing Session Panel
Optional Event: Innovation Summit and TOPkit Workshop – VR Collaboration Session – Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 1:30pmDownload Extended Program
Meet our keynote! Tanya Joosten, Ph.D., is a Senior Scientist, the Director of Digital Learning Research and Development, and advisor to the Provost for innovation projects at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM). She is the PI and Director of the National Research Center for Distance Education and Technological Advancements (DETA) and is nationally recognized for her work and guides strategic digital learning efforts throughout the nation. Her work looks at the pros and cons of virtual vs. F2F learning particularly in underrepresented and first-generation students. In addition to her notable appearances as a keynote at numerous conferences, her book on social media is available from Wiley Publishing, she has authored numerous articles, chapters, and encyclopedia entries on human and social interactions and digital learning, and she often writes invited blog posts and magazine articles for organizations, such as EDUCAUSE, WCET, Inside Higher Ed, and Pearson. According to Twitter, Dr. Joosten is an educator, speaker, author, thought leader, social scientist, futurist, mastermind, introvert, amazing visionary, breath of fresh air, hottest jam, nerd, techy.
Future of Synchronous Online Learning: A Conversation with the Experts
The impetus for this discussion panel is our belief that the pandemic has opened the door to synchronous learning in a way never realized before. But we have been making do in many cases with meeting platforms that are great for facilitating meetings but were not designed for instruction. Our panelists are all working on ways to optimize the synchronous platform for instructional delivery. What does that mean for us moving forward?
To ensure you can successfully access the Innovation Summit the day of the event, please review this Zoom Guide for Attendees before the day of the Innovation Summit.
Participant Zoom Background (Optional)
Download the Participant Zoom background below if you’d like to use the background during the Innovation Summit.Download Background
- Registration Opens: September 15, 2020
- Registration Deadline: March 19, 2021
- Early Bird Registration Cutoff: February 12, 2021
- Early bird pricing until February 12th – $30 at checkout
- General registration price after February 12th – $50 at checkout
- The Innovation Summit is open only to Faculty, Staff, and/or Administrators.
- The Innovation Summit and TOPkit Workshop have separate registration processes.
Photo Albums & Previous Agendas
Summit Planning Committee
Wendy Howard (UCF), Beth Nettles (UCF), Anita Gabbard (UCF), Linda Futch (UCF), Patsy Moskal (UCF), Nicole Stahl (UCF), Samantha Richardson (UCF), and Bren Bedford (UCF).
Questions, Concerns, or Special Requests? Please feel free to reach out to the Pegasus Innovation Lab at: iLab@ucf.edu
The Innovation Summit and the TOPkit Workshop occur during the same week so participants can benefit from attending both events. The Teaching Online Preparation Toolkit (TOPkit) is a comprehensive resource for those who are responsible for faculty development, including those who develop relationships with faculty to ensure quality online or hybrid courses. Although TOPkit is Florida funded, it has an international reach. The site is organized by a three-step process for planning, developing, and evaluating your program, along with supporting resources. We invite you to explore TOPkit resources and participate in upcoming events.
Stay Connected – Sign Up for Updates & Announcements
Sign up to receive important updates and announcements for upcoming Florida Online Innovation Summits.