The 2020 Virtual Florida Adaptive Learning Summit will be an opportunity to discuss the successes and considerations of adaptive learning technology in higher education. The summit will provide an opportunity to hear from faculty, instructional designer, student, and platform provider voices, as well as informative discussions on adaptive technology that is being implemented across the state. Common topics highlighted throughout the summit are:
- Lessons Learned
- Problems that Have Been Solved
- Adapted Pedagogy
- Faculty and Student Experience
- When: Weekly for four Thursdays, 2-4pm ET, October 15 to November 5, 2020.
- Where: Meetings hosted virtually through Zoom. The meeting link for each event will be emailed to participants 24-48 hours before the day of the event each week.
- Who Should Attend: Higher education faculty, instructional designers, faculty developers, and administrators.
- Cost: Free to all participants.
- Hosted by: University of Central Florida, Broward College, Miami Dade College, Indian River State College, Association of Public Land Grant Universities (APLU), Achieving the Dream (ATD) and Every Learning Everywhere
|~10 min||Intro/Agenda Review|
|~15 min||Welcome & Level-settingFlorida & the State of Public Online LearningAdaptive Learning in Florida|
|~45 Min||Keynote: Personalizing Learning and the Student Voice – A Conversation|
|~15 Min||Q&A – Zoom Chat/Q&A|
|30 Min||Lightining Talks: Adaptive Courseware|
|~10 Min||Courseware Q&A – Zoom Breakout Rooms|
|~10 min||Welcome and Orientation|
|40 min||Meet the CoursewareFaculty & Vendor Spotlight Session #1|
|10 Min||Spotlight Q&A|
|5 Min||Transition / Break|
|40 Min||Meet the CoursewareFaculty & Vendor Spotlight Session #2|
|10 Min||Spotlight Q&A|
|~5 Min||Closing Remarks / Join us next week|
Program highlights include:
- Welcome & Level-setting: Florida & the State of Public Online Learning with John Opper, Jr., Ph.D., Executive Director – Distance Learning & Student Services, Florida Virtual Campus
- Keynote: Personalizing Learning and the Student Voice: A Conversation
- Adaptive Courseware Lightning Talks
- Meet the Courseware: Faculty & Vendor Spotlight Session
Partnerships and Vendors
Brought to you by:
Thanks to vendor participants:
Event hosted by:
Questions, Concerns, or Special Requests? Please feel free to reach out to the Pegasus Innovation Lab at: iLab@ucf.edu.