Since 2017, the Center for Distributed Learning’s Instructional Design team has been committed to facilitating online course quality by offering online course reviews that align closely with the State University System of Florida’s 2025 Strategic Plan for Online Education. Additionally, blended course reviews are also offered using UCF’s evidence-based standards and a faculty submitted Blended Integration chart.
Faculty who are credentialed to create W, RS, V, and M courses are eligible for a course review. As an opt-in initiative, faculty who are interested in a course review will work with an instructional designer with the overall purpose of improving the learning experience of students. Elements include seamless course structure and navigation, an up-to-date syllabus, and activities which encourage meaningful learning. Once meeting the criteria, the course is eligible to convey the Quality and/or High Quality designation. Faculty who have engaged in the review process cite smoother navigation, less student confusion, and heightened accessibility of course materials as just a few benefits experienced.
We’d like to recognize the September 2022 – November 2022 faculty who have earned a Quality and/or High Quality designation for at least one of their online and/or blended courses. Congratulations!
|Matthew Dombrowski||Cynthia Mejia|
|Amanda Groff||Emily Proulx|
|Stephen Hopkins||Jorge Ridderstaat|
|Michelle Kelley||Sarah Singer|
|Chrissy Kolaya||Michael Strawser|
|Humberto Lopez Castillo||Angela White-Jones|
Current Active Designations: As of November 4, 2022:
- 494 course sections designated as Quality Online
- 118 course sections designated as High Quality Online
- 91 course sections designated as Quality Blended
- 6 course sections designated as High Quality Blended
- 41 inherited course sections designated as Quality and/or High Quality Online
- 44 Blueprint course sections designated as Quality and/or High Quality Online
- 6 Blueprint course sections designated as Quality Blended
- 800 Total